We'll cover the minimum setup requirements: passing custom variables (respondent IDs) and adding your redirect completion URL
Step 1: Passing Custom Variables
When we send a respondent to your survey URL, we tag on embedded data that helps us identify the respondent when they are redirected back to Centiment at the end of your survey.
- Click on the Design Survey Tab
- In the left sidebar, click Logic
- Click Custom Variables > New Custom Variable
- Add the following variable name (no label necessary):
Step 2: Completion URL
Set up a Centiment redirect URL at the end of your survey. This ensures that only participants who complete your study will be compensated by passing the variable data listed above back to Centiment.
- Go to the Collect Responses section of your survey
- Select Get Web Link
- Scroll down the page to Survey End Page
- Select On, show a custom end page upon survey completion
- Paste the completion URL provided in your survey submission instructions
Step 3: Need to disqualify respondents?
You'll need to send disqualified respondents to a specific URL to avoid being charged for them. Reference this article.
Step 4: Send a copy of your survey to "centiment.co"
Reference the animation below on how to send a copy of your survey to centiment.co.
We'll review the setup and get your soft launch started collecting an initial 10-20 responses for you to review. After data collection is completed we'll transfer your survey back to your SurveyMonkey account as long as it's a paid account (Standard, Advantage or Premier).
Adding to a survey with existing responses? Utilize the "Transfer Survey" option instead so we can add responses to the same survey build using a new collector link. You'll need our email: email@example.com and our username: centiment.co.